Apart from the regular recommended cleanings you can take steps to maintain your home fabrics. To make sure that they have the longest life possible, follow these easy tips.
- Vacuum your drapes regularly (every 3-4 months)
- Rotate your drapes once a year to vary sun exposure
- Protect your drapes from direct air from heating vents to prevent dust accumulation and discolouration by installing air deflectors
- Deal with stains immediately. Stains can set in over time and be difficult or impossible to remove.
- Vacuum carpets and rugs weekly to remove dust and dirt
- Vacuum upholstery on a weekly basis to remove dust and soil particles
- Rotate seat cushions to even out wear on your upholstery
- Read and follow all manufacturers care labels carefully
For more tips on drapery and curtain care visit: